Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Week 45 - It Was a Double Rainbow Kind of Week

Week 45 - It Was a Double Rainbow Kind of Week


Oh boy it was a fun week.

We split wood for a widow out on a ranch with an American. The number of times I had split wood before my mission was a solid 0 maybe 1. I think I'm sitting at 4 or 5 now. I'm becoming a regular lumberjack.

We also had our one in-person district council for the transfer. Next one is in September some time. That was fun. We have an amazing couple in our district that took us all to a place called Brooklyn Burgers. Best burger I've had in Sweden for sure. 

I bought a blender off of my district leader. Then I froze some chocolate caramels and we've been making home made shakes with frozen chocolate caramel bits and such. 

Also, it rained! Hallelujah! Not sure what's up with the fires. Hopefully they're going out. The youth in our ward biked to the temple in Stockholm. There was apparently storms around them the whole time, but they had blue skies the whole way on their week long journey. 

We helped a nice couple destroy their old rotting shed. Turns out there was a beehive in the floor. Word to the wise, a crowbar is not a super good weapon against bees. 

Yesterday we had dinner with a super nice family. While we waited for the food to be ready, we played a little mini golf with the mom and youngest son Christopher. They had made their own holes with a little flower pot and a plastic cup. 

I've been studying the new testament. Jesus talks a lot about how the generation he taught was so stiff necked and that if he had been among any other people, they would have repented. Then He says that if they believed in the prophets they'd believe in him and if they believed in the Father, they'd believe in Him as well. Something I've realized recently is that it doesn't matter who it is that is preaching the truth as long as they're true servants. "... whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." Hearing the word of God from your Sunday school teacher or from a prophet is the same if they both teach by the Spirit. It's all God in the end that is teaching. Sometimes I wonder about what wonderful things Jesus would teach me if I could spend a day with Him. I honestly think He would teach me mostly things I've heard before. I imagine He'd teach me His gospel. He'd teach me to love God and my neighbor. 

What if I could listen to every talk in Sacrament meeting as if the Savior Himself were speaking? How much more would I learn? Interesting to think about. 

I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He speaks to us through the voice of his servants, whether they be parents, bishops, ministers, or prophets. 

I hope you all have a great week! 
Äldste Denton


                                 Proper Missionary Breakfast - Or is that a lumberjack breakfast?

                               Blue Skies


                              Apartment and companion in Boras


                                  Woah!


                                  A rainy day in Boras
                                           





 We saw a full, double rainbow. If look closely right above the red house, you'll notice that the rainbow actually continues in front of the trees and ends in that guy's back yard. That pot of gold tho...

P-day Activities
I just got back from climbing a mountain, eating sushi, and walking around a park with some ice cream in hand.

Took a creepy picture of this guy meditating on the mountain. Hope he didn't notice haha.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks