Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Week 53 - Iv'e Seen Fire and Rain

Week 53 - "Iv'e seen fire and rain"

It was about this time last year I left the MTC for Sweden. We left early in the morning on the 9th of October and got here early in the morning on the 10th. So I've officially seen the beginning and end of each season in Sweden. From about 2 meters of snow, Northern lights and a few hours of sunlight each day in a small northern town to spring in Stockholm burning away winter with Valborg, riding subways, running to catch busses, beautiful architecture, and rich history to sunset at 11:00 P.M, wild fires, and the driest, warmest summer Sweden has seen in over a hundred years in one of the rainiest city in Sweden where I am now enjoying beautiful fall colors.

A classic western/folk song sums it all up. 

"I've seen fire and I've seen rain,
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely days when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again"

Anyone? 

Okay so the part about the friend is maybe not so applicable... I've always had my companion... Sight and sound 24/7... I knew I'd see him again. But the first two lines speak to me on a personal level. 

Conference was great. I saw a few familiar faces in the MTC choir. That was exciting. Also two hour church. Haven't watched Sunday afternoon yet since it happened past our bedtime... But I heard there were a lot of temples announced. 

I loved the scripture Elder Holland used in his talk about if you want to come closer to Christ, you have to forgive your neighbor first. That talk hit me in the feels. 

We have an ad on Facebook market place for a Book of Mormon for sell (free of course). Well somebody messaged us about it this week. Woo hoo! We'll see where it goes. 

Hope you all have a great week,
Äldste Denton 


Switching for exchanges with the district leader aka my trainer and pal Äldste Cook. We took some pictures at this nice church. 












Current Companion Elder Hambrick on the far right and former companion, trainer, and  District Leader, Elder Cook middle right.








1 comment:

  1. I love that song, Elder Denton! Can't tell you who sang it though-not one of my strengths! I love hearing how the work is going! Keep it up and don't worry about comments from Isaiah-LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks