Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Monday, July 2, 2018

Week 41 - Go Sweden

Week 41 - Go Sweden

First of all, I would just like to say, Sweden is going to win the world cup. I can feel it.

Haha, there's been a lot of hype here. I don't know like anything about soccer, but yeah... Go Sweden :) 

We had district meeting this week which is not usually a super  exciting thing, but all district meetings are over Skype now except for one every six weeks where we actually meet in person. The one where we meet in person was this week. So we took a bus over to Jönköping and had a lovely time meeting with some other missionaries and discussing how we can more fully use technology in our missionary work and stuff like that. I got to see my trainer Elder Cook, and a few other mission buddies, plus some new faces. For lunch we went to the world food market. They had tents with food from all these different countries. I got some French thing. Mostly because they took card and I didn't have cash :) But it was yummy! They had stuff from the Ivory Coast, Holland, England, Mexico Thailand, USA... You name it. (Except don't name China, because I don't think that was there...)

My companion and I have been running and there's these really nice trails through the forest near our apartment. Pretty cool. There's cliffs, nice look-outs, lakes... It's been pretty fun. We're trying to be healthy and stuff. It makes it easy when it's so beautiful out :) We've been having lots and lots of sun and 75°-80° weather. 👌 

We also got invited over for dinner lots this week and more next week... Including a 4th of July party :) Should be fun. The guy that invited us is from Mississippi so I'm thinking it should be pretty delicious. 

We found a lot of nice people this week that said we could talk and stuff :) We've really been trying to revamp our finding approaches. The biggest thing is we're trying to become more in tune with the Spirit and receive inspiration about how we can find, where, who we can talk to, and what we can say. I've been reading and rereading President Nelson's talk about revelation from the last session of General Conference for guidance. I recommend reading and applying the principles he teaches. They have made a difference for me and I have found my understanding of revelation growing in following his counsel. Try it! 

Hope you all have a great week! 
Äldste Denton 

Some nice views and an old car show in town. That was pretty cool. 














1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! Thanks Elder Denton for all you do and Kacey says " hi"!

    ReplyDelete

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks