Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Week 44 - Deadly Tacos

Week 44 - Deadly Tacos

I got a new companion! Elder Hambrick is a lad. He's about my height, likes to draw, studied animation back home, and likes working hard. Should be a good time.

Our first dinner together, I decided to make some tacos. I had bought some habenero peppers that week and wanted to try them out. So I knew they were pretty hot but I figured I was tough enough for one whole habenero pepper in my tacos. Well I chop it up and throw it in like it's nothing. Then pretty soon after I realize what I got myself into. We both start sneezing and coughing like crazy as the habeneros cook and their deadly vapors fill our kitchen. I'm like sneezing uncontrollably and my eyes start to water like crazy and that's where I make the biggest mistake of my life. I wipe my eyes with the same hands that just cut a habenero pepper. It felt like I was never going to see again. My eyes were burning sooo bad. So I get my contacts out as fast as I can and just rinse my eyes for like fifteen minutes. It hurt so bad. They burned for the next few hours and I had to use rubber gloves to put my contacts in for the next few days. We threw that batch of tacos out and made new ones. I learned my lesson. If you're going to cook habeneros, wear a space suit.

We met with a lovely couple yesterday evening in a park. They have met with missionaries before and are starting to meet with us now. They are actually both jazz musicians. He's a jazz pianist, she's a jazz singer. They showed us a recording of a song they did together and I was totally blown away. I love jazz a lot and I can be kind of a critic when it comes to jazz, but like they are absolutely incredible. If you want to know what I'm talking about, they're on Spotify as Regula de tri. Anyways, we talked about receiving personal revelation with them while having a picnic. We read from President Nelson's talk from last conference about receiving revelation and gave them some chapters in Ether to read. They're really open, nice people. Looking forward to continuing to meet them.

Love you all! Have a good one. 
Äldste Denton

                         Deadly Tacos - Habanero Peppers



                      A nice trip to Gothenburg to extend my visa



                                  Waiting for a bus



                         Skype District Meeting


                       An old boat , by the lake by our apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks