Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Week 38 - "You"ll never believe what I've got for you to do"

Week 38 - "You"ll never believe what I've got for you to do"

Hey everybody!

It's been a great week! Ronald has his baptismal interview and baptism this week and we are so proud of him. He's made some big steps in his life to be ready for this. It really takes a lot of courage to make those changes. Couldn't be happier for him.

We also did something crazy this week. We got a call from our ward mission leader asking us to come help out with something so we came. When we got there, he told us "You'll never believe what I've got for you to do." Turns out what he had for us to do was lifting a metal table about two or three times as long as me on a rope and pulley up ten stories along the outside of his apartment. Believe it or not it worked! Somehow I got the job of being the guy at the back of the rope with it around my back. In case one of our grips slipped I was the "anchor" to keep the table from falling all the way back down. Pretty sure that table was heavier than me so I'm just glad no one's grip slipped. (don't worry mom, it wasn't as scary as it sounds)

I wonder how many times God hear's our prayers telling Him about our deepest desires and biggest dreams and just silently thinks to himself "You'll never believe what I've got for you to do." I'm convinced that the majority of trials in life have at least these two purposes: Teaching us what we're made of, and teaching us to trust God. I feel Him so often raising my sights. Our potential is limitless, and just like I had no idea what crazy thing my mission leader needed me to do before we responded to his call for help, we really can't imagine what amazing things God has for us to do if we trust Him and respond to His call. 

Here's a scripture from the book of Hebrews:

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.


 I think it's so easy to look at things that go wrong or the people that seem like they're succeeding more than you and shrink back from giving your best. But like, that's a pretty lame way to live. It's better to just be yourself and give your best. Then wait for the promises of God to be fulfilled. I promise He'll be there every time. I believe that God has wonderful things in store for the faithful. My challenge for anyone reading this is to dream bigger. See more in yourself than you do now. 

As Katy Perry (Katie Parry?) put it: "Baby you're a firework... Make em' go aw aw aw" or something like that. 

Hope you all have a great week! 
Äldste Denton 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks