Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Week 39 - Five Star Week

Week 39 - Five Star Week

Hey Everybody!

We had two baptisms on Saturday here in the Gubbängen ward! Laura and Ronald are their names. One service was in Swedish and the other was actually in Spanish since that is Ronald's first language. We went to both, but Ronald was the on we taught. Man I love that guy. He bore his testimony after his baptism and it was so powerful even though I didn't understand a lot of it (it was in Spanish with very quiet translation to Swedish happening in the row behind me) I could see the conviction in his eyes and the power of the Spirit. It was a humble but sweet service. He was baptized (in Spanish) by a member who helped teach him and who is preparing to go on a mission. His name is Ephraim.

 


Gubbängen District











                                             


In other news, I'm transferring! I'll be heading to a place called Borås just about an hour outside of Göteborg, or Gothenburg. Heard some good things about it! So excited! I know so missionaries serving in the Göteborg zone right now it's crazy. My trainer Elder Cook will be in my district and I think my companion from the mtc Elder Dumas is in my zone and as far as I know is companions with Elder Bringhurst who I know from home. A good chunk of the Sundsvall crew is there including Elder Wolff, Elder Domino, and Elder McCarl. Elder McCarl was my companion too. So basically, the only companion I've had that won't be in my zone will be Elder Fortuna who will be holding down the fort here in Gubbängen. I'm going to be with Elder Caller who I don't know too well yet, but I've heard he's a stud. 

Pretty much the news here!

Hope it's a good one for you all! 
Äldste Denton

Gubbängen District





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks