Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Week 36 - The Hand of God

Week 36 - The Hand of God


Sooo, for those of you who don't like long stories, here's the good news. You can always skip to the pictures.

Yesterday Elder Fortuna had decided on two previous investigators to swing by. The first building had a port code you needed to get into the building which we didn't know (pretty common here) and there was absolutely no way to get in. We even waited on the off chance that someone would come in or out and let us in. We even held a prayer. Although we could read the name of the person we were looking for on the inside wall affirming that they did actually live in this building, we eventually were forced to leave and move on to the second swing-by planned for the night. It quickly became apparent that this second person we were looking for had moved. Their name was nowhere to be found. Then standing outside the building getting ready to return home at the end of a disappointing conclusion to our night, I noticed something faint that caught my eye. There was smoke over the roof of the building we had just visited. My first thought was that I was looking at a chimney, but on account of the beautiful summer weather, I abandoned this theory. As I watched intently, the smoke darkened in color. I knew it was a fire but I hoped it was something I would breath a sigh of relief over when I understood the source. There was a single woman, somewhat anvanced in age, walking towards us who was completely oblivious to this situation. Getting her attention, I carefully pointed it out and asked her what she thought of it. She gasped and we followed her to the around the building to get a better view. She was able to locate the apartment who's kitchen was now a roaring fire. Banging on the door she was able to alert the inhabitants who were apparently unaware. We called 112, alerted all the neighbors and told them to evacuate, closed the doors and windows of the apartment according to the instructions of the emergency response and waited for the sound of sirens to arrive. After watching the firemen do there work for a few minutes, the woman I had pointed the smoke out to came to us with gratitude in her eyes and hugged us both. Then we left after seeing everything was in order. Maybe that previous investigator wasn't there anymore, but we were instead able to assist the Lord in saving His children at just the time we were needed.

I've been making an effort recently of following Nephi's counsel to "Pray always, and not faint." The happy result for me has been a renewal of my spiritual health. I hear with more clarity the whisperings of the Spirit gently persuading me to do good. I understand more fully how involved Heavenly Father is involved in my life. It feels so good! I recommend it. 10/10. Five stars. Two thumbs up. Keep a prayer in your heart. 

Love you all! 
Äldste Denton


 We've been seeing ads for the recent Star Wars movies all over the place. That might have been why we thought this garbage can looked like Darth Vader...



 Mothers day here in Sweden was yesterday. We volunteered to bake a cake for a little after church celebration. Our mission leader thought it needed some decoration so he stole that rose off of a different cake and stuck it on.



                         I found a worm on my shirt.



                     We were inspired by the ads for The Book of Mormon musical. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks