Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Monday, May 7, 2018

Week 33 - April Showers Bring May Flowers

Week 33 - April Showers Bring May Flowers

Okay where do I start?

If you're a skimmer, 
-first paragraph is reflective and spiritual,
-the second is sweet, 
-the third one is funny. 
There's also pictures if you're like me and not really into reading.

The area is looking really pretty good here. Transfer calls came and went and all four missionaries in my area are staying. So it's round two! It's looking like Elder Fortuna and I might see a baptism together if one of our friends keeps progressing like he is. It's really a miracle to see someone's faith grow. You look at how far they've come and you know it's a miracle. It's an incredible transformation when someone keeps commitments and starts to repent. You start to see a light in them. They start to see it in themselves and they get this hope that they didn't have before. It's really amazing to see.

We helped out our landlord in his garden the other day. He's super nice and we had a great conversation. He told us the secrets of living in Sweden. Apparently there's home delivery grocery shopping here that doesn't have any extra fees. What is that for awesomeness? Anyways he asked if we missed any American food. Elder Fortuna mentioned rootbeer. He said he knew a place we could get it and told us about it. That night when we got home, we had a bag with two cans of rootbeer hanging on our door handle. Pretty much melted our hearts. 

Funny story for the week. (with permission from my companion) So I've picked up the hobby of geography. One of the missionaries here Elder Martineau is really into geography and we always quiz each other. My project for the week was Africa. We meet a lot of people from Africa and I figured at least knowing where their home country is would help them feel like I understood them a little better. Anyways, my companion thought it was kinda dorky but he was nice about it and would quiz me on them. Then we met this guy who says he's from Tunisia and he point blank asks my companion, "Do you know where that is?" He has to say "Uh.. No..." Then he asks me and I get a big grin on my face. "Yeah its between Algeria and Lybia on the Mediterranean sea." He's not done there though. Then he straight up asks if we even knew how many countries are in Africa. I was like "Um yes actually." Haha talk about good timing. He then lectured my companion the rest of the ride for not knowing geography... I may or may not have dabbed. I'll let you guys decide.

Looking forward to another great transfer in Sunny Stockholm! The weather is beautiful and trees are all blossoming. It's awesome. 

Love you all, 
Äldste Denton

                                         That's a bus charger. #thefuture



Elder Fortuna



                  Everyone keeps telling me I should be a dentist. I'm starting to see why

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks