Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Monday, April 9, 2018

Week 30 - Church

Week 30 - Church



Hej allihopa!

     I got to meet the ward this week! It felt good to go back to church and take the sacrament. I don't know about you guys, but I really start to feel lack of sacrament even after one week. Thank goodness for the sacrament. I received a very warm welcome from the ward including an assignment to speak next week. Actually really looking forward to introducing myself. It's weird to not know anybody! I knew everyone in Sundsvall and felt like I was home at church and now I don't know anyone again! It's a big ward too, so it's going to take some time for me to really get to know everyone. I'm excited though. It's a really good place. We're planning to really dig deep with the members this transfer and help people refer their friends to us so we can refer them to God :) I'm excited! We also want to spend lots of time with the less active members of the ward. 

In answer to your Question, We are finding people to teach yes :) Still not easy, but we're going to try finding through the members out a little more. Sometimes, things seem a little routine here  and I wonder if I am moving forward. If you were here just for a minute and got to see me speaking Swedish, helping people, even cooking yummy food (we made fried rice, crepes, potatoe and sausage, spaghetti, french toast, and all sorts of stuff this week) and teaching the gospel, and that makes me realize how much good I really am doing and that I really am progressing personally :)

 In other news, I was looking through our iphone, clearing it out in preparation for our new phones later this transfer and I found this recording just called 'Potatoe Hunter - Äldtse Payne'. So I listen to it and hear Jared Payne explaining what it takes to hunt a wild potato, the cast system in Idaho, traditional garb for a potato hunter, how dangerous wild potatoes are, how to domesticate potatoes... It's literally a twenty minute interview... That was pretty funny to find. Needless, to say, I learned a lot about my home state.

Love you all! Have a great week!
Äldste Denton



                                                   Just call me MJ.



                                          Look it's a flower!



                        You guys think you've seen bad road construction... check this out...



          I'm doing the same thing as the guy on the warning sign. (You might need to zoom in)



                                          It's starting to melt :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks