Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 7 - Miracles already?

Carter's letter to me was so full of information about how and what he is doing, I thought that I would include it here. Still sounds like he is having a ball!!

Hey Mom!
     I'm settling in really well here. My companion is really awesome and my heart is set on the work. Sundsvall has an amazing Branch. I didn't have tons of time to email about the things you mentioned but I have more time this week so here you go: My mission president is amazing and his wife also. We stayed at their house and he interviewed all of us. He is tall, skinny, and takes missionary work seriously, but is also very practical and reasonable with us. He loves all of us for sure. I'm having interviews with him this Wednesday and the interview will actually be in Swedish so that should be interesting. 
      Elder Cook fits his name and likes to cook. We get along great cooking fancy stuff like fancy pantsy sandwiches, chicken fajitas, curry, meatballs and gravy... You name it. I sure won't go hungry as long as we're companions. 

Love,
Äldste Denton

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The general email from Äldste Denton today


Week 7 - Miracles already?

Hello everybody!
      
      Highlight for this week? We had a baptism! Her name is Nilza and she is from Brazil. My companion has been teaching her for a while so he did the honor of baptizing her. She is so wonderful. The first lesson I had with her was a little crazy since it was like the third day I was here. She speaks Portuguese and that was the language her Book of Mormon was in, we had a member translating what we said from Swedish to Spanish for her which she can also understand, and I was basically just smiling nodding the whole time and I couldn't tell you anything that was going on, but it was cool ha ha! That was miracle number one. Her baptism was so powerful. I got to play a musical number too and that was super awesome. 
      Miracle number two: we got back to our apartment last night ready to finish up our studies when we got a call from a number we didn't recognize. Elder Cook answered it and turns out is was a wrong number. But he did what missionaries do and asked if she believed in Jesus and told her about what we do. Turns out she DID believe in Jesus which is not so common over here, and she wanted to to know a lot of things. Like he said we represent Jesus Christ and she ask what gave us that authority. Elder Cook was like "Well let me tell you all about it!" ha ha. We told her about Thomas S. Monson and she said she'd give us a call when she was in Sundsvall and we could meet. Then the conversation ended. We went to look at her number in the call history and IT WASN'T THERE... our phone does weird things sometimes... but then all we could do was actually just hope she called us. So then we start our companion study and I offer a prayer. This was the coolest part. Have you seen The Best Two Years? If so, this might sound familiar. I prayed for her and that she remember to call us and that she would have the desire to call us. I get done praying and the phone rings. We answer it and and IT'S HER! So I wrote down her number so fast while Elder Cook talks to her. Turns out she called back just to ask "Now wait, can who is this Thomas guy again?" Ha ha, Elder Cook talked with her for like fifteen more minutes and then we set up an appointment with her. STRAIGHT UP MIRACLE. All because of a wrong number. 
      Elder Ballard spoke to Europe last week in a broadcast and said that miracles start on your knees. I'm a witness to that. 
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
      
 Äldste Denton


                             Pictures

                                                             This weeks baptism




                       
                                                                             ???








                                       
                                                         Fancy Pantsy Sandwiches



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks