Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Week 4 - Flight Plan's Tomorrow!

     So tomorrow is basically Christmas. Which would make it the third Christmas we've had this month. This one totally trumps those other Christmases though because WE'RE GETTING FLIGHT PLANS TOMORROW! Hopefully everything went okay with everyone's visas, because I believe tomorrow is also the day we find out if anyone will have to be temporarily reassigned to wait for a visa. I am so excited.
     
      Things I am most excited about going to Sweden for (in no particular order):
     
      1. Meeting my mission president.

      2. Going to the airport and riding the plane with REAL PEOPLE FROM THE OUTSIDE WORLD!

      3. Meeting my trainer. 

      4. Seeing Sweden and meeting its people. 

     If you ate as many Swedish meatballs as I am excited, you would probably be so sick of eating Swedish meatballs that would never eat them again. And If you've ever had Swedish meatballs, you know that's a lot... because they're delicious. 

     I just auditioned with five other Elders to perform at any of the upcoming devotionals. We sang "I Believe in Christ" in an  a cappella sextet. I think they liked it, but we'll see if we get to sing! That would be fun! There's a lot of really good musicians here though so it could go either way :) 
     
     Something I learned this week is if you want to receive personal revelation, you essentially need four things: An open mind, patience, diligent study, and a conviction to do whatever it is that Heavenly Father reveals to you. The thing about Heavenly Father is, he's like any good missionary. He's never going to teach a lesson without inviting us to act. A willingness to follow his word is called faith and it's the most important part of receiving answers from God.  It's just like the foolish man vs the wise man who built their houses on sandy  or rocky foundations. The Savior explained that the wise man who's house withstands the floods hears the word AND follows it. The house could be compared to our testimonies. If we continue to follow the call of our Savior when His Spirit directs, He promises us that our testimonies will be sure and withstand any opposition we experience. What an amazing promise. I have experienced for myself how the Lord matches His willingness to share knowledge with our willingness to follow what He gives us. 

Thank you again for everyone who has sent me letters, emails, and pictures. I love it all. I hope you all have great week!

Love,
Elder Denton
"Look! From the outside world! ... Oooooooooooo..."


 Kyssa means to kiss, kissa means to pee. One of the instances where a subtle difference could be the difference between teaching a really nice lesson, or having a really funny story for later.



 Mount Timp. making me miss skiing right now. 


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks