Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Week 95 - Surströmming

Week 95 - Surströmming

I crossed off one of my bucket list items this week and ate surströmming. We had a guy offer to eat it with us and help us prepare it the way you're supposed to eat it. He and his mom both love it and both ate with us. We started with the whole fish and had to cut a nice filé before putting it on some thin bread with potatoes, onions, and sour cream.  The smell is much worse than the taste, but the taste ain't too great either. Basically surströmming is just fermented herring (herring is a type of fish) and the reason it started was to preserve the herring to last through the off-season. Not many people actually like it, but it seems like a lot of people have tried it. Now I'm one of them.

We also had zone conference this week and it was a little surreal. We had it in the same chapel in Stockholm where I found out who my trainer was and where my first area would be. I remember standing up to give my testimony in broken Swedish at that meeting with my whole mission in front of me. Now I got to stand and give my testimony again with all but a couple weeks behind me. What an awesome feeling.

Today for p-day we took a ferry out to an island with a little summer town on it. It was pretty fun. On the way back, it got windy and cold and the only seats were outside so we got pretty cold. We sat in a spot where we started getting pretty wet from the waves and everyone thought it was pretty funny. It was like the splash zone at Sea World. We survived though and it was super fun. Pictures of that trip below.

Well, hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Äldste Denton















1 comment:

  1. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Rekryteringar stockholm

    ReplyDelete

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks