Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Monday, May 6, 2019

Week 83 - Dancing Queen

Week 83 - Dancing Queen


Any ABBA fans out there? Here's a story for ya.

We were tipped off by a member of the church living in a very nice, nearby neighborhood that a member of ABBA lived in his area and he even told us which house he had heard it was. We had been tracking pretty close to this area and I was pretty sure I knew which house he was talking about. So on Saturday, we decided to we were going to make history and teach Björn Ulvaeus the restoration. We decided to do some tracking in the area first and then end with his house. These were some big houses. They were on the cliffs overlooking the ocean and it felt like we were climbing a mountain just to knock on every door. The most common reaction we got here was actually no answer. My guess is that lots of people were out doing stuff since it was a beautiful spring Saturday. After a couple hours, we decide to finish strong and we went to the house we thought it was. It's built on it's own little island, so we crossed his bridge and came to a big gate with a doorbell and a camera. Then we rang it. We saw a head poke up in one of the windows, then another, then a couple more... Then the door opened and a guy in his mid thirties came down to the gate with a couple little kids trailing behind and probably his wife standing in the doorway. We told him who we were and invited him to listen to our message. He was nice, but not really interested. Then we left. We figured that probably wasn't Björn, but then we checked on this app that tells who lives everywhere in Sweden and it really was his house! So we figure that was probably one of his kids and their families or something. Maybe we'll try again when there's a Porsche out front instead of a Toyota. 

I have exactly 100 days left on my mission today. Crazy. I have loved my time on my mission and I feel liked I've grown so much serving Jesus Christ. I'm looking forward to the best 100 days of my mission. I'm going to sprint to the finish. 

Love you all! 
Äldste Denton

Snow in May, valborg bonfire, and Björn's house. 


                                  Snow storm in May



                                   Bonfire on the Lake



                                   Bjorn's Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks