Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Monday, November 12, 2018

Week 57 - Darkness, Waffles, and Lakeside Town

Week 57 - Darkness, Waffles, and Lakeside town


We had a sunny day and I was able to watch the sunset while riding a bus. The sun disappeared over the horizon at exactly 3:58 PM. I know, I talk about the sun a lot. But I promise it's not just me. After eating waffles with some of the members of our branch after church, while cleaning up, one of the Swedish members looked out the window to see the dark streets around 4:30 PM and said,
"I feel like I forget every year how dark it gets. Like, it surprises me every year."

It's got a special kind of wonder when it's so dark. Eventually you get to the point that sunrise and sunset just kind of turn into one, unbroken thing. It's sort of cozy. I don't know, it's hard to explain. You wouldn't think it makes such a big difference, but it affects everything. 

I'm starting to like being in a little branch. It's like a family. I'll get to know everyone before I go. Having said that, hopefully it's a little bigger by the time I leave :) We've got plans to start focusing the university students. They are generally down to discuss things. Also going to continue trying with the young families.


Pretty much the news this week :) 
Love you all, 
Äldste Denton 

 We knocked doors out at a beautiful lake side town this week and snapped a few pics. It was beautiful.

Also, since there's no Thanksgiving here to hold us back, we have started putting up Christmas decorations. We have room in our apartment for a Christmas tree... Now we just need to find one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks