Disclaimer

A Collection of E-mails from Elder Denton - Blog Compiled and Maintained by Gelynn Denton

Monday, November 13, 2017

Week 10 - What Real Faith Is

Hello everyone!

     I have had a super awesome week! We started two traditions to help us fight the dark and cold which is just going to get worse :) We play soccer every morning at 6:30 AM on a frosty turf pitch we found. We're always the only ones outside and it's super dark, but it's amazing how much running around and playing some soccer just really helps me make it through the day! Also we've been doing a little tea time after hours. (don't worry guys, it's not real tea...) There's some weird drinks in Sweden but they taste pretty good! Lots of them are made from different types of flowers. 
     Some breaking news in the Sweden mission! We're going to be a technology mission! Each missionary will be buying their own smart phone to keep after the mission too. Then we will have access to Facebook, Twitter... The whole shebang. Kinda weird! Thought I was getting away from that stuff, but looks like it followed me... It will be a test of our self control for sure, but I am excited to see how this will help us move the work along here in Sweden! (don't look me up on Facebook btw... pretty sure that's still not allowed...) 
      Getting geared up for Christmas also! It's beginning to look a lot like it here already! There's no Thanksgiving to hold them back in Sweden... I've heard Christmas in Sweden is something else... Super excited.
      We have a lot of new people we're working with and it's super cool to see the changes in their lives. 
      My favorite chapter from the scriptures this week was James 2. It's about faith. What real faith is and what fake faith is, and how to tell the difference. It's super good. It made me realize that as well as learning to trust God, you have to show that he can trust you. 
      Love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Äldste Denton






​This one sums up the relationship between my trainer and my district leader. 
My trainer is Patrick












No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out

Sweden, Stockholm - Return Missionary Reunion Camp Out September 6 & 7, 2019  Carter's been home 3 weeks